Tuesday, June 30, 2009

5 days in Paris.

With the economy downturn and the swine flu epidemic, it is not safe to travel at the moment. Although, some people I know who just came back from the US, did raved about how we tend to blow this matter out of portion. People over the States didn't walked around in masks like we are over here. But, then again, we better be safe than sorry, aite? So, what a girl to do with insufficient funds and fever from piggies than lead people to a nervous breakdown more than it can kill them? -The girl could dream/plan for her next stop to Paris!

Fortunately, I've been to the City of Lights once before. It was a gift from my dad as part of his 'graduation' gift to me. Sayang my dad for that! Unfortunately, I only got 4 full days in Paris, and plus other 2 days that counts me abroad in the skies with the flying peanuts. So, my plan is to have 5 full days in Paris.

Day One.
Upon arriving at Charles de Gaulle airport, I will get my necessities; purchasing the train pass and the museum pass. See, the train system is just like ours, so its not that hard (except the destination are all in French) to determined which stops to take and which line to follow. Once you know where to go and which stops to get off to, you're safe.


Firstly, of course, time to refresh yourself. That means a quick nap will do to reenergize myself. This time, I would preferably much to stay in a hotel near to Eiffel Tower, a place like Paris Eiffel Cambronne, where you can walk in minutes to Eiffel Tower. After taking a much deserving shower, I will go down to the supermarket; like my mother, I love-love-love exploring local supermarkets or hypermarkets wherever I go. Over there, I need to get a few supplies, like mineral bottles, Coke, and bread. Then, make a quick stop at the bakery on the way back to buy some warm toasty baguettes and choquettes. Went back to hotel, and refuel.


Done with lunch, I will then visit the Eiffel Tower. Admire the structure and the surroundings while I'm under it. So majestic! Then, climbed up to the higest peak, and admire Paris itself. Next, an afternoon tea/espresso/coffee at the Eiffel Tower Cafe'. Take the time to immersed myself to the obvious knowledge that I AM IN FREAKING PARIS!


After an hour or two at the tower, its time to to venture out to Arc de Triomphe. Here, you have to climb up what seemed to be an endless flight of stairs. They even have a small corner for you to rest. The stairs will take a lot of energy from you. While on top, admire the artifacts, then the finale, basked in the lovely view of Paris in another angle. I will take my time on the top just admiring the view, because later I will have to climb down the freaking stairs again.

After Arc de Triomphe, I will head back to the hotel, but not just yet. It's important to know your surroundings at the place you stay in. To note if there is a nearby hospital, pharmacy, banks, cafe's, supermarkets and Metro Station. After walking around the neighbourhood, its time to call it a day.

Day Two


I'm gonna wake up freaking early because I will be excited for the next destination: Musee de Louvre. I dedicate the whole day to only one venue!

More than 35, 000 artworks with thematic and crossed departments, any art freak or just simply people with impeccable taste WILL enjoy this. Trust me, just walking around, climbing the HUGE staircase, have a bite at the cafe and admiring the artworks and artifacts, is enough for the day.

Day Three
Visiting Musee Rodin. I love old mansions, like the ones from 19th or 18th century with the huge landscape garden. So, I definitely love Musee Rodin because the museum itself was the artist's old residence. A few of his beloved scuptures were spread out on the mansion's compound.

Next, I'll visit Musee D'orsay. Just to see Van Gogh's, Munch's, and Monet's. The place is equally spectacular!


Day Four
Shopping at La Vallee Outlet Shopping Village. Since, this is a long journey by train, take the advantage to enjoy the scenary.

La Vallee is a best-buy factory outlets mall in the east of Paris. Offering 70 prestigious and luxury brands with reduce pries. I would go gaga for these brands.

In my shopping list includes: A Salvatore Ferragamo classic ribbon flats in black, Burberry handbag, and a red Furla long French purse.

Check out the official site for this: http://www.lavalleevillage.com/fr_FR/?lan=en



Day Five
Strolling and maybe some window shopping at streets of Champ de Elysee. Maybe I should save my money to buy a Chanel 2.55 Jumbo bag or a Louis V., maybe? Just to feel the thrill to shop there instead of purchasing it over at KLCC or Pavillion. Plus, I might get my hands on some limited e's from these Parisian fashion houses. Or just finished my couple 100 Euros at Sephora will do.

Champ de Elysee is a great place for celebrity spotting. I know because while I was there, Justin Timberlake was shopping in Paris too.


After a tiring day of shopping maybe I'll stop by one of those cafe' that sprout like wild mushrooms at every way you turn. They are like local kopitiam just with over priced coffees and breakfasts, AND better looking people to stare at. A good space for people watching. A must do in Paris!

Well, that's that. That's all I can think of in my next 'dream' trip to Paris.

Just make sure you'll dress appropriately and chic as possible. Good looking guys, I mean REALLY good looking guys that looks like they came off from a Vogue photo shoot just roaming around from the moment you land in Paris. They are on superbikes wearing suits and mufflers a'la Jude Law in Alfie, on the train with long soft dirty blonde hair and reading glasses reading a book (I'm just decribing the hotties that I saw!),and at the museums -just plain hot. Totally hands down! the most best looking peeps I ever laid my eyes on (in person). So, u might want to look your best when meeting a hot French dude, aite?

Au revoir!


1 comments:

OfficialAzyMD said...

i would love to go to Paris! someday! hehe

Post a Comment