Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Eid ul-Fitr 2009

Well...today is like the 3rd day of Raya, and luckily for me, this year - we got one extra public holiday.

This time around, the celebration is kinda of mellow, unlike last year's havoc but happening spirit. 2nd time around, me father tagged along with us to Malacca this year (happy!), but he seemed like he can't wait to get back to Miri to the other half (sad!).

Nonetheless, this year, I skipped one tradition. Being my family is not a conventional or stereotypical family, our tradition includes a late night trip to Starbucks/Coffee Bean's OR any kopitiam will do (usually, without wives and kids tagging along). Safe to say, I'm all perk up with caffeine and packed thousands of calories with frappacinos and ice-blended-s usually around this time, BUT unfortunately, I didn't joined them this year, because I've already had my blended chocolate previously.

One tradition I'll soon to follow is Raya prayers. I've never attend morning Raya prayers before, so this year, my mum drag me along. It was a lovely experience. I've always find it very moving and haunting when all the Muslims said, 'Amen' together during the prayer. I'm glad I did this.

Photo ops during Raya morning are usually the best part of any Raya besides balik kampung, of course! There's like 5 families living in one house. So, just imagine how scattering the kiddies and the adults were. FUN! Here's a picture of my lovely family.


Raya 2009, filled with togetherness, cute kiddies, love, desire to have family of your own, day dreaming, pure double chocolate Coffee Bean's ice-blended, tears, inside jokes, heart-to-heart talks, crappy-sappy Raya dramas, loneliness, gratitude and FOOD!

Hope u enjoyed your Raya with your loved ones! Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment