Sunday, August 16, 2009

Job Interview 3: Should I, or Shouldn't I?

I know before that I'm a fashion girl one, and an ad girl two. But, now I'm not so sure. I'm having some sort of 'quarter-life' crisis. There's like a gap - I feel so lost.

Literally hours after my 3rd interview within 3 months (one interview each month! - how coincidence!), my 3rd attempt to the career world led me to the fashion retail world this time. It's a major local fashion retail label. With approx to 2500 employees, so they said! I know I've mentioned to my close peeps, its a dream job. Now, the chances are there, the anticipation is rather getting quite daunting. Do you guys feel that way too after a job interview?

Their first phone call was a surprise - after just a mere 30 minutes I've sent my resume at Jobstreet - they called. First asking if I'm still interested in the position? - Like duh!? I baru jer hantar, mungkin!? Then, he asked me why I wanted to work in a fashion house? Of course, I answered like I vomit words! Seriously, after the phone call, I suffered from a short term memory lost.

Approximately 3 days after that is D-day! The area was industrial and so was the building, but the inside was superb, love it - modern polish deco with dark timber floors, high ceilings and open space. What's not to adore!?

Y'know, one of the sucky part of going to any job interview is filling out personal info forms. Like I remember what year I've entered and left primary school? Or what I got for UPSR!? I don't remember where I put the certificates from that era! Filling those out took me more than 15 mins for accuracy. What a bummer!

I got interviewed by 2 males - a cliche start: Tell me about yourself...answered: word vomit, again! Then, what do u think about our brand? Later, what dept you wish to work in? Next, any constructive criticism? After, what is your strengths and weaknesses/ what does your friends' opinion of you? (-these questions are sort of overlapping!). Last, any questions for us?
THIS, took like 30 minutes!

All in all, I am numb from this ordeal. Lost in a sea of emotions.

But, before I leave...in case of any confusion of my well-being...is sort of like this song:

"Just because I’m losing
Doesn’t mean I’m lost
Doesn’t mean I’ll stop
Doesn’t mean I would cross"

- 'Lost' by Coldplay

0 comments:

Post a Comment