Friday, May 15, 2009

Imperfections: Learn it, live it, love it.

This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections.
Saint Augustine


There is nothing in this world that is perfect. Yet, we all strive for perfection in all our doings. Of course, it is only natural to a human to be attracted to pretty and beautiful things. But, as I sat at a coffee cafe' with my mate, I saw a family, the dad (I assumed) was on a wheelchair, I felt compassion from the wife because her man had his head stitched and his throat has a plastic tube sticking out. The man doesn't look fatally ill, but his condition looked like he seen better days. His wife was spoon feeding him a cake, while he smiles at every bite. As I pondering on, I believe that a love like that is a rarity in this world. How she stood by him, looking pass his flaws.
I can't help it but see a beauty in it.

The thing is, imperfections is what made us grand. Not many people are gifted with the set of eyes to notice it, and the heart to appreciate it. You have to look pass what's on the surface and into the core. The only thing that I would describe as ugly are people without morals, mind or ethics.

If you love something or someone for what or who it is, you tend to get pass the good and and the bad. You will begin to acknowledge the beauty and love that they brought into your life. Surface imperfections are very attractive sometimes. I tend to love guys with scruffy facial hair, wrinkles around their eyes and lips, pot bellies, and chubby fingers. But, that doesn't mean that I don't like the opposite kind - clean shaven, polish, rock hard abs, and high cheekbones. They are all welcome. Just by experience these gorgeous peeps tend to be very vain. And I hate that.

To all those peeps who think they are not worth anything, just embrace the inner diva in you but never loose control. Be who u really are. Those who always is the guy or chick everyone looks/adores upon (perasan!), take it easy. Don't be such a whore. We are not haters, we just hate your guts. Plastics!

Just remember, the next time you think you want to judge a guy with pagoda t-shirt and selipar Jepun as a beggar and useless dude. He might turn out to be a multi-millionaire.

Plus, just because it looks good doesn't mean it taste good too.

It's time to see the world with both eyes and heart open.

0 comments:

Post a Comment