Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 11: "It's all good!"


As for the 4 months of the on-going internship, my personal life has taken a backseat since I’ve spent all my weekdays at the office being the goody intern who ‘sometimes’ threw a few mischievous comments and big laughs every now and then. I have divided my life now into 2, weekdays are for work, and weekends are for friends and family, with the exception of unexpected or professional events.

It started to feel like a routine, and, I HATE routines. Wake up at 6am – shower – morning prayer – get ready – have breakfast – wake up my little brother – freaking traffic jam – cursing at slow drivers and traffic - catch the 8:16am train – cursing at annoying passengers – switch trains – more cursing at annoying passengers/KTM – arrived at the office – tease the other intern – turn on my PC – go to the washroom – go to Nadhyrah – get tea at the pantry – do ‘media monitoring’ – ask my mentors for work – do work – endure sarcastic comments from hedgehog - break – giggles and eyeing for cutie pies –go to Cold Storage to buy drinks – go back to office – continue work – more sarcastic comments from hedgehog – giggles with Nad – finish/stop work – get out of office – have drinks or desserts to avoid traffic at the station (kill time) – catch the 7:45pm train or 8pm train – relentless cursing while queuing, waiting and boarding the train – arrive at my station around 8:45pm – waiting for my always-late-brother – arrive home at 9-ish pm – have light dinner (depending on the mood/energy) – some TV – shower – prayers – sleep. The next morning, more or less will go through the same routine.

I won’t complain about my job this week, as everything seems fine to me. The only new thing that I did this week are becoming a ‘mystery shopper’ and attend a presentation on findings regarding Malay market, which was totally unnecessary, since I’m part Malay, even more, I studied at UiTM, I basically didn’t learned anything from it, except a self-realization of how not ‘Malay’ I am - if the criteria’s are what defines me to be one. After the presentation, my mentor actually asked me if all of it is true or right to the point, I said yes, of course. Then, asked me what I think of it: ‘A self-realization of how not ‘Malay’ I am’, I replied. He laughs.

Then, there was the time I became ‘mystery shopper’. It was a market research for some optical company. I did it with the other intern. We had fun….wasting time. Hehe. Have to act cocky though and became particular of the products they’re selling. It was all good!

Hedgehog didn’t give me any trouble this week, instead he was being thoughtful. Always entrust me with different jobs. But, he does throw some sarcastic comments here and there, but, nothing that I can’t handle or blast at him back. Hehe.

I felt useful this week as I’ve helped 5 different people. In normal week, I would only cater my services to my mentors, but, this week, people seemed to asked for my help. This was nice, but can be nerve wrecking if you are obligated to your mentors but at the same time others are asking for your help too. I guess, juggling act is part of intern requirements.

That’s all folks. Until next time. Adios!

0 comments:

Post a Comment