Friday, January 8, 2010

KEY WORD: Negotiate

For the life of me, I have to learn this tiny mistake of mine. The situation is... I've been job hunting for a month now, and have received good feedback from potential employers. But one in particular, and the toughest I might add of all the interviews I've been too has gone the extra mile to gave me the 2nd chance to 'test' for the job with the bigger fish in the company, though, with slight heavy heart I have told the poor secretary or the receptionist or whoever called me again to schedule the date, that I have set my sight for something else.

Unfortunately, for me, they have some very decisive and stern employee who wouldn't take a simple no for an answer. They tried reaching me in the morning, before 9am, but I was still catching my Zzzzz, called my house even, but my maid informed them that I am fast asleep. Finally, they caught me around 11am, thankfully I was awake due to my hair appointment with a friend.

They asked me what, where, why and how much the other 'competitor' are offering me? I'm cornered and off-guard. But thanks to my communication skills and a tad weirdness in me (which save my ass several times before), I babbled with poise - if it was ever capable to do so. What's my regret from the conversation is, I state the salary lesser and not more than what they're offering.

So, my fellow friends out there, if the ball is in your court, play hard ball!

This is my Homer Simpson 'D'oh!' moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment