Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 13: We're out. We asked. We sing. We dance. We cried. We yelled. We loved. We fell asleep.


It has been a tense week, we’ve been out more than usual – for work I meant. I had to do another ‘mystery audit’ thingy for other competitive banks. Acting nice and yearn to listen is fine to me, in fact it comes naturally, but what am I tired of is when the service I’m doing research of have a requirement of being a Malay, I’m tired of answering the same question: “Are you Chinese?” I so want to learn Chinese! Hah!

This time is not as bad as the first one since Nadhyrah tag along, so I had it smoothly. No one asked. Wonder why?? Probably, it’s not normal (yet) for a Chinese to be good friends with Malay? Or is it, I looked just as Malay next to Nadhyrah. That could be it too. Thanks Nad!

After we finished being girls of ‘mystery’, we headed back to Subang to do Nad’s project – research for some local college. To make things worst, the research consist of 11 open ended questions. We were sweaty, nervous, shy, craving for Slurpee which to this day tak dapat-dapat lagi!!, and we were really sick and tired of asking these people the same questions. “Hi, can I have a moment of your time?/Are you rushing?/Do you mind answering a few questions…it’s for a research.” First day, we stop by UiTM – manage to ask the gullible Dr.Ngu and Prof.Rahim jer. Both took incredibly long time to answer! We ended the first day by watching a movie: Confessions of a Shopaholic”, which was great…we left the cinema feeling HAPPY! We’re totally in love with Hugh Dancy! That scruffy look and his English accent are to die for. If we were in a relationship, I want to get in a fight with him all the time, just to listen to his accent!! Dreamy! –Damn u Claire Danes!

The next day, we began our research again since Nad’s superior actually thought the facts are not credible enough. So, out we go again. Don’t get me wrong, we love going out, because we get to go home early! But the fact is, we have to bring the work home too. Shit kan!? When doing the research, we met quite nice people. And somehow, we found out that guys are much nicer than girls when it comes to when strangers approaching them. And, let me tell ya, we meet quite a number of cuties too. One lad, we thought was a Japanese but the fact he is a mix of Chinese and Borneo. So, nice…he even gave us a tip where to find people. Foreigners are nice too, but mostly scary looking - me and Nad try not to approach ‘African’ people. So, we got ourselves Arabic and Middle East lab rats. Hehe. Like Azlan said before: Nadhyrah does looked like an Arabic, I guess that’s why they seemed so polite and approachable around Nadhyrah. Hehe. Nad, you’re so bound to marry an Arabic looking guy – preferably bald too! Hehe. Then, there was this trio from Acheh, Nad has a thing for bald guys, fortunately for her, the one that is very talkative is bald. She was practically swooning over him. I like the ‘bapak orang’ looking type. Haha. – Hide your dads!

All this cute guys makes me wish Azlan was around, I could just hear him say: “Ohh, mak dah berair!!”. Hehe.

When we thought interviewing was hard enough, summarize the findings is even harder! To begin with, Nad didn’t even know how to summarize it, and to have 3 big superiors fighting over you and telling you how to do your job is not helping at all. I heard some people were mentioning Nad’s name in my department – well, honey, don’t you go dissing my friend. I’m going to pinch that well rounded face yours until it turns blue!! Don’t tempt me!

Pity Nad, all the big bosses actually fought for her attention. One in particular, backs her up every time – in fact never backs down. I’m not surprised if she got an offer to work at Bates later. Mark my words! Unlike me, I work with the middle rank dudes. They’re nice peeps, always looking out for me to try new things, but not to the extent of going out of their way to find job offers. My big bosses like to keep their ‘thang’ to themselves. (Probably scared if an intern screws it up.) Now, I have to keep in mind these peeps are not my friends, they are my supervisors. So, I have to keep that in mind and I check every time I wanted to chase, pinch, squeeze and rub someone in the office. And, YES I did all those already! Nad-nadia…apa lah nak jadi ni?

After all this shit happening this week, I totally need a ‘release’! Thankfully, Huda had planned a karaoke session on Friday night – simultaneously celebrate Wan’s birthday. I swear I had the death ride of my life so far in Huda’s car. She was pissed at ‘someone’ and really thoughtful enough to rush and pick everyone up. So, there is no wonder why she’s driving like a mad man. Me and Nad screamed like mad in the car every time she came closed to a car or stuck in a traffic. I swear to you, we were driving in circles in KL trying to avoid traffic on a Friday night. Unbelievable.

We started singing at ‘Party KTV’ (SS2), from 11:30pm to 3:30am!! Imagine that! We all performed. We did a surprised for Wan just as the clock strikes 12am. We sang ‘Happy Birthday’ karaoke style, with a surprise cake in hand. – Mastermind: Huda. Main accomplice: Sue. Sub-accomplices: Nad, me, Baya and Imran. I swear, Wan’s eyes was filled with tears of joy when the waiter came into our room with a lit candle on a cake. He was surprised! That night we sang a lot of oldies, a lot of Siti Nurhaliza, a few alternative rock bands (courtesy of me and Wan), and a few more Indon songs. We endure a couple of cries, a lot of yelling (traffic jam), a lot of jumping on the couch, a lot more dancing, a few more mushy lovey-dovey stuff (Huda and Imran), tons of giggles and most of all, a massive quantity of FUN. All in all, what a great night to end to a very tense week at work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment