Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 15: "hahahahhehehehahahehe"


I quite enjoyed my week at work this week. I thought that my work will pile up since the departure of Suh Shien (UTAR intern). Well, it supposedly did, but the 'Headcount' business is starting to slow down...all i heard are t & C, some golf events and so on..lots of P & C shitz. No more silly 'mystery phone calls', and visits to competitors or clients to check up on them. Literally, I only helped my supervisors with making copies and scanning only...other than that we barely talked to each other besides occasional "Hello/Morning/Are you Ok, Nadia?". That's it!

So, I lend my hand to the PR department and to the Account Director. I pick up some of the previous intern's chores, like doing media monitoring (paper clippings), that task alone is freaking time consuming and very tedious, because it involves a few steps. First, monitor for clients and competitors through the whole freaking newspapers available in the state of Selangor (and YES! I have to flip through the Chinese newspapers too!). Second, need to divide it to articles and ads. Then, scan the articles. Next, retrieve the scan clippings online. After that, photoshop it. Label it accordingly. Create a new folder in the company's public server for the recent date of clippings. Then, go through once again the paper clippings for the day and type it in the email one by one to disseminate to everyone in the department. Lastly, file and store it accordingly in the cupboard for safekeeping. This whole process will take half a day. Sometimes it takes even longer if some people would rather do the work twice, of reading and highlight the wanted news and ask us to check and pull it out. Why lah can't pull it yourself while you reading it? You can safe your time and effort of actually gives us the instructions and avoid the Q & A session. Aiyoo!

The only best part of doing these tasks is that my homo friend in the office who is the junior PR exec is super fabulous! So, it's a blast doing this with him! We joke around a lot. We played darts at the office, he did catwalks impersonations, we mix each others rhythms, we gossiped a lot, we poke/pinch/chase/tease each other, prancing, exchange musics, and brag about cute guys in the papers! He's like my bestie; Azlan Mohamed's substitute...note: not a replacement! Basically, he's the sunshine in the dark cloud of Bates141. Don't even need to mention Bates, they're quiet as a grave most of the time anyway. Thankfully, my side is more livelier, although many contribute to a lot of sarcasm and craziness. I think it something to do with stress. :p

Well, most interesting task this week is doing market research. Me and Nad did a duo effort this time around. She's doing some hair styling research. While, I'm in charge to do research for our existing client. Don't get me wrong, I love doing field work, cuz I get to get out of the office, but for market research you have to be sneaky. You're like a spy for the company. Spying not only on your clients, but also their competitors. Thankfully, the office is near Midvalley, so, basically 'almost' everything under one roof. I have to go to supermarkets for research on the competitors promo activities if there is any. I got to be sneaky enough to score some pictures of the promotional efforts - that's bad cuz these places doesn't allow cameras. And, if they see you writing something down, they will get suspicious! And, maybe ask you to leave. Well, I didn't get caught, but I think the security camera caught my face while stealing the inserts at the display. I even took a picture. After I noticed there's a camera next to me, I grabbed Nad and rushed off outside. Scary.

After getting back to the office, the whole office went berserk on my espionage activity. It's hilarious when I think of it. Somehow, masa tu lah every freaking supermarket wanted to stock up. So, there's no privacy for me to do research. My look of urgency and nervous, doesn't help the securities from thinking twice about my doing there. Mana nyer tidak, I felt like I'm doing something naughty! Sheesh!

On a lighter note, you guys got to congratulate Nad for something. Asked her why. It's a great news. You should be proud of it, Nad. You got to be the only one now in our class with a certain future ahead of you. Cheers, babe!

Besides that, we shared a lil bonding time with our beloved gossipy receptionist. She's a doll. She had shared so many office gossips with me and Nad. So, I said that our lunch with her on last Friday is overdue. Let's just say, the 3 of us, can really gossip! Hehehehahahehe.

Well, till next week, you'll hear me bragging about my data entry shitz..since my boss said I'll be doing that 'shitz' once again before I leave for some kids milk powder brand event. This 'product redemption' thingy is killing me. I'm gonna get cross eyed. Speaking of ill being, I was feeling freaking woozy last Thursday. I lost my balance when I woke up. The when I took my shower, I kept leaning to the left. I can't close my eyes for a moment, if not I fell. Can't even look up or down, which is sucks because I have to reach in high places when I work. Ended up, I made a conclusion that I had a low blood sugar level. I've been skipping my Cokes' lately. I guess the body just not use to it. Now, no need to worry, I got plenty of sugar in my system - I just drank Godiva's Elixir drink, a Coke and a Rootbeer! Power up!!

Cheers! 2 more weeks to go and we're FREE!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment